Benefits of Membership
CalHep is the unified voice in California for reducing the scope and consequences of the hepatitis B and C epidemics. Add your voice to the chorus of more than 90 member organizations. Membership in CalHEP is free.
Advocate & Educate to Combat the Epidemic
- Take action to influence viral hepatitis policy on the local, state, and federal levels.
- Partner with CalHEP in supporting policymakers with education, analysis, and evaluation of legislative issues.
- Stay abreast of changes in policy and legislation through periodic updates from CalHEP.
- Keep up with the latest news via CalHEP’s monthly newsletter and website updates.
- Tap into national, state, and community resources via the CalHEP website.
Connect to the Viral Hepatitis Community
- Join forces with members each year at meetings in Southern and Northern California.
- Raise awareness of your organization by linking your website to CalHEP’s.
- Give visibility to your organization’s services and events via CalHEP’s website.
- Connect to the hub of information on viral hepatitis and CalHEP member news via monthly newsletters and website updates.
Who Should Join?
Organizations committed to viral hepatitis prevention, care, advocacy, and education in California:
- Public health organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Clinics and health care agencies
- County hepatitis task forces
- Medical associations and foundations
Membership LevelsFull Membership: This voting membership level is open to community-based organizations that support advocating as a unified voice for sound viral hepatitis policies at the state and local levels, demonstrate a strong interest in reducing viral hepatitis morbidity and mortality, and are involved in one or more of the following areas:
Associate Membership: CalHEP sponsors and individuals interested in reducing the impact of viral hepatitis qualify for associate membership to participate in all CalHEP activities but to not vote or sit on the Steering Committee. For-profit companies and industry representatives may apply for associate membership.
- Viral hepatitis education, information, and awareness
- Viral hepatitis research
- Viral hepatitis prevention, identification, medical management, or treatment